1956 Lancia Aurelia B20GT Series 6 2.5 V6 Coupe by Pininfarina
Make: Lancia Aurelia
Model: B20GT Series 6 2.5 V6 Coupe by Pininfarina
Registration Number: NYD 677
Chassis Number: B20.4008
Engine Number: B20.5446
Steering: Right Hand Drive
MOT Test Expiry: Exempt
Sold For: £61600
Lot No: 292
Launched in 1950 and designed by Vittorio Jano, the Aurelia was blessed with both high performance and immaculate Italian style. It was the first motor car in the world to be powered by the innovative V6 engine and also to be equipped with radial-ply tyres as standard. The first series of Aurelias comprised of the 1950 1754cc B10 Berlina, which was uprated to the 1991cc, 70bhp B21 the following year, closely followed by the Pinninfarina-bodied 75bhp B20GT Coupe. For 1953, the B20’s output was increased to 2451cc, producing 118bhp, and Lancia employed the De Dion tube rear suspension for the fourth series. The Aurelia found great competition success in the early Fifties, appearing at the Mille Miglia, Le Mans, the Targa Florio and Lièges-Rome-Lièges, handled by a succession of famous drivers.
We understand that the previous owner’s husband thoroughly restored this particular Series 6 Aurelia B20GT in the 1990s, but from 1998 until 2012, NYD 677 was kept unused, in dry, heated storage. Unfortunately no paperwork appertaining to the restoration was retained, but the current collector custodian purchased the motor car in sound, un-corroded condition. Sensibly, recommissioning has recently been carried out; an extensive overhaul and interior refurbishment has been undertaken during the last two years. Mechanical work has included the relining of all brakes, with new wheel cylinders and a new master cylinder installed, and new front wheel bearings fitted. The trans-axle oil seals and gaiters have also been replaced, and the fuel tank reconditioned with all corresponding systems carefully checked and replaced with new parts as necessary. The Aurelia has been treated to a complete interior re-trim to the original smart specification.
Equipped with the desirable Nardi floor gear change and twin Weber carburettors, this superb Lancia is ready to be enjoyed and would make a suitable competition car for many historic events, subject to individual regulations, including the Mille Miglia, the Silverstone Classic, Goodwood and many regional and international historic rallies.
Documentation offered with NYD 677 includes the V5C registration certificate, a factory workshop manual, a parts manual and a letter from the Lancia Motor Club confirming the motor car's date of manufacture to be July 1956. The road tax classification for this motor car is 'historic'.